Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving and some Old Pictures

Jon Karkow emailed me the other day and said he was cleaning out some stuff and found a couple of photos of Jennies from 1918.  Thought you might like to see them.


Jon wrote:    got those probably 40 years ago from the National Air and Space Museum Library. It used to be that near the entrance to the library was a bin of excess materials that they sold for cheap. I imagine that this was duplicate stuff that they did not need.


Thanks for sharing, Jon.

Several posts ago I published two pictures of Charlie Meyers barnstorming in a field somewhere.  I wasn't sure where the photo was taken, but I thought it was a quintessential barnstorming scene - plane in a field of grass surrounded by curious onlookers.  Here they are again.



Well, last month I found out what eventually happened to Charlie Meyers and his Jenny.  Like most barnstormers operating in the north, he headed south for the winter.

He ended up in Bowden, GA where I found this story.







So there you have it !!!  Man, I was born too late.

Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home