Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Friday, January 10, 2014

Trim Tab

A little humor today - my good friend Dorian Walker send me historical documentation about how they dealt with nose heavy Jennies:



Who needs a trim tab anyway.....

Here is Dorian getting out of the cockpit of his Jenny.  You can follow the plans for his airplane at:



 


I stumbled across this neat picture of two Army Jennies getting fuel somewhere in Minnesota.  They are both Hisso powered Jennies and I love the gas truck!


 Here is another picture I like.  Sure, it's a Standard J1, but what a perfect barnstorming picture - a dashingly dressed aviator, his faithful dog, a tent and a Model T.  Boy, I was born too late.


Lastly, I reported that the Wichita Falls Jenny is headed inside for good. That is still going to happen, but I wanted to share this photo of David Martin about to fly the Jenny on it's last flight.


Back to work on that trim tab....

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home