Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Friday, October 11, 2013

water leak fixed

 In my absence (work), Brian solved the water leak.


He removed the pipe and found the gasket to be dry.  Plus, the nuts were not very tight.  Figuring those two things were the culprit, the gasket was reinstalled and some form-a-gasket applied.


To get to the lower nut, a crow's foot wrench is needed.  No other wrench would work without interfering with the pipe.


That should do the trick.  On to the fuel leak....

John Gaertner sent me these pictures.  A photographic Jenny.  Hey, it gives me ideas.  If I could only find a camera.


More soon, enjoy!

BK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home