Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Monday, August 19, 2013

Getting closer

A momentous evening!!! Thanks to the hard work of Brian Eberle, the last wire has been soldered.


I got a package in the mail from the Restoration Supply Co. containing the leather straps I ordered for the cowling.


Also the buckles.


 Using the old cowl as a pattern, I made the clips that hold the straps.


 A trial fit.  The holes need to be drilled next.


Jack Story helped spend a few hours putting cotter keys in the right wing.  Between the two of us, we got the wing done.  Now I have to show him how to safety the turnbuckles......


 What can I say about this?


Ron had the enviable job safety wiring the elevator turnbuckles. 


Kevin Connor visited the Rome-Turner Radiator Company in Rome New York.  He spent hours in their archives and found the original drawings for the Hisso / Jenny radiator! 



Here is a close up.


Lastly,  I sent them to John Gaertner at Blue Swallow Aircraft and the mags were damaged during shipping! 


John worked his magic and repaired the parts.  He also found some things wrong internally and recharged the magnets.  I will post more tomorrow about this, plus a video.

Till then...enjoy

Brian


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home