Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Update

Not much new to report.  I just flew an eight day trip at work, my parents are in town visiting and next week, I'll be busy making some long overdue changes to my Bucker Jungmann's landing gear.

Once that's done, I'll get back to work on the Jenny. 

I did have a chance to order the 2 inch .063 steel tubes that will be used to make the exhaust system.


My plan is to make an exhaust system like this:



I got the tubing at Woolf Aircraft Products in Romulus, MI.  I like to spread word when I find a good source of something.  Paul Dougherty at the Golden Age Air Museum told me about Woolf Aircraft.  If you need bent tubing, this is the place to shop:

www.woolfaircraft.com

Lastly, John Gaertner's friend Mark found this old Jenny picture.  For your viewing pleasure:

More updates in two weeks or so.  Till then...

BK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home