Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Update

Piece by piece, the tail of the Jenny is coming together.....




It may not seem like much progress, but there are a lot of bolts to torque, nuts to cotter and turnbuckles to safety.  We're getting there!


When I got tired of working on the tail, I took a few minutes to play around with various paint scheme combinations.  I wanted to see what the "Browers Pound Cake Cones" logo looked like on the side of the fuselage.




Now, both Ron and my wife thought the Brower's paint scheme looked too...well...too much like a big billboard.  They liked the logo created by our local sign guy better:


So, I put that on the other side.


 Further down the fuselage, I was thinking :


What do you think?  We still have not made up our minds yet.  Soon though.....

I'm happy to report that Dorian Walker rolled his Jenny out of the paint shop last week. He and his crew are making good progress.


Lastly, aviation archeologist David Trojan sent me two articles he had written that you might find interesting. If you like Jennies, and find Charles Lindbergh as fascinating as I do, then click on each page and read on!















 Enjoy

Brian

3 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

I like the Candler Field sign. With those wings, you will always be flying no matter what

3:09 PM  
Blogger FlyBoyJon said...

Greetings Brian,

Here's my 2ยข...

I like the Candler Field Flying Service with the $5.

By the way, she is looking great!

~Jon

7:41 PM  
Blogger Brian Karli said...

Looks like the Candler Field logo is in the lead!

Thanks for the vote, guys

BK

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home