Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tail wires

It had been a long time since these brackets have been installed on the elevators!  The tail was the first thing I built back in 2006 when we started this project.  Hopefully now, the brackets are installed for good.


Each bracket has a turnbuckle and a wire.


Good progress for a short morning.

After a trip to the dentist, I got a call from two old friends.  They were in Atlanta on business and wanted to see how the Jenny was progressing.  So, we met at the hangar and talked about old times.

Dave Gurkin (L) and Larry Romanic (R)


Dave and Larry were Captains at Allegheny Commuter Airlines when I was a fresh co-pilot out of college.  They put up with me and my youthful enthusiasm and we flew together several times until I left to fly for TWA.  It was good to see them again.  Currently, they are flying a King Air 350 in my beloved state of Pennsylvania.

 Also more news from Bowling Green, KY.  Dorian Walker's Jenny now has a tail too....


 ...and two new lower wings.


More soon.  Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home