Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Masking the fuselage

Went to the hangar early today after a busy week and a half at work.  I put the landing gear back on the fuselage and when John Kuck came to visit, we added a few more tapes, walked around the fuselage with the hot iron looking for last minute blemishes and then started the masking process.


Hope to have the fuselage masked by Friday and the spraying can begin.

Filmmaker Dorian Walker sent me some pictures of his visit to Texas where he had an opportunity to shoot the Call Field Jenny in action.


He got some great ground and air footage for his upcoming PBS documentary about  Curtiss and the significance of the Jenny due out this winter.


The Jenny is flown every first Saturday of the month as part of the Call Field Memorial Exhibit located on teh Kickapoo Airport in Wichita Falls, TX.    You can read about it here:

http://month-ntx.org/index_files/the_jenny.htm

 
 
This Jenny was the one owned by restorer Chet Peek who wrote a marvelous book about it's restoration.  I read his book so many times the pages fell out (literally), and every time I read it, it fanned my internal flame to have a Jenny of my own.  Thanks, Chet...!  

 www.threepeakspub.com


If you have not read this book, I would highly recommend it.  Who knows?  Maybe after you read it, you'll restore a Jenny too....

Enjoy

BK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home