Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Jenny Stuff

Well, the control surfaces have their final coat of Poly Brush sprayed the other day.  Ron and Brian made good progress despite the record heat in Atlanta (106 degrees!).  The next step is to spray the surfaces silver.


This great Jenny picture has been floating around lately.  I saw it on Facebook and just loved it.  It really captures the essence of the barnstorming era.  Check out the clothing! 


This weekend, I had a chance to attend the Golden Age Air Museum fly-in. If you have not heard about it, the Central Pennsylvania based museum is fast becoming a mecca for old airplanes.  They flew their rotary powered Fokker Triplane at the show, but I liked seeing the Jenny in the air the most.  You can see more about this neat museum at www.goldenageair.org


John Gaertner from Blue Swallow Aircraft also attended the fly-in and took this neat video of Paul Dougherty flying the Jenny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1bwMVLZE2Q

I'm also glad to report that Blue Swallow Aircraft has been commissioned to restore a Jenny for a customer in Virginia.  While driving north, I stopped by to see the project and John gave me the tour of the place.


Here is the Jenny on the left next to the Avro 504 project on the right.


www.blueswallowaircraft.com

I figured these pictures were more interesting than seeing Ron, Brian and I spraying paint!  More updates soon.

Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home