Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Upper cowl

Yes, it has been a long time since I got to work on the Jenny! Sorry. Flying a lot at work and I took two days to help my parents move into their new home. Busy...

But, last night was productive. Ron and Brian have the last wing nearly stitched.



John Kuck and I cut out the top cowl.



This is the initial fitting of the cowling. There will be a wire edge put on the engine opening, burnishing, beading...etc.



Still busier then usual this month, but things should return to normal soon. Keep checking. I'll post more as soon as I can.

Cheers

Brian

2 Comments:

Anonymous Al said...

Brian, What is the beautiful red-on-white plane in the background?

5:58 AM  
Blogger Brian Karli said...

Hi Al,

That is a 1984 Waco YMF-5. It is the rides plane at our museum.

http://www.peachstateaero.com/biplane-rides/

It was in the hangar having a magneto oil seal installed. Nice bird!

Brian

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home