Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Cowl Burnishing

More work with the 2 inch scotch brite wheel again...







The front section of the rear cockpit was also burnished and awaiting the perimeter wire.





Here is the completed "joint".



I saw this picture in an old issue of Pro Pilot. Talk about an early corporate aircraft!



Lastly, Bernard Bra sent me this picture. He wrote:

Thank you for all your photos/web, it helps me to build my little Jenny

Bernard/ FRANCE



Hey! Someone else sitting in front of a spinning wheel for hours....I like it!

More soon. Enjoy

Brian

1 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

Absolutely beautiful. A a massive amount of work many people will see and admire, but not appreciate the effort it took to create it.

Good Job, Brian and Company!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home