Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Friday, June 17, 2011

Right side king post

My son Brighton and I went to the shop early this morning and we made the rest of the king post wires on the left side of the airplane.



I also finished drilling and dressing the king post cross wire fittings Brian Eberle cut out the other day.



Once they were bent and fit to the lower king post fitting, the inner ends were brazed together.



Here are the fittings after brazing. They need to go into the bead blaster next followed by painting, but for now, I was happy just to get them brazed.



This is where they attach.



Brighton wanted to deburr the holes. Gladly!



He also wanted to build his own airplane. Hey, it kept him occupied while I ran the torch.



Enjoy

Brian

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Landon said...

It's so beautiful uncovered that I wish it wasn't being covered. How about only covering half of it so people can see it as a covered plane from one vantage point, then go around and see the structure. Other museums have done it that way. The curator of our museum here wants my model done that way.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home