To keep things interesting, I measured and drilled the aileron horn mounting holes.
Once I get the bolts, the horns will be installed like this.
Because of the stagger of the two wings, the strut hold down plates have certain angles to the tabs. For example, the front upper struts have a steep angle on the tab holding the inter connect wires. The front lower plates have a shallower angle.
Since I didn't have a complete set of plates, we had to change the angle of a lower plate to fit the upper wing. Here you can see the an upper plate on the far side and a lower plate in the foreground. We need to increase the angle of the first plate.
Out came the torch. After some gentle heating, the tab was pulled down to match the template.
Here is the upper plate installed with the new angle. Notice how the shackle and wire line up with the tab.
A couple of the other plates needed adjustment too. We finished most of them last night.
Got more wires to build tomorrow. Till then...