There is a Curtiss drawing of the jig, mostly made of U channel material and angle stock. We did not make the jig exactly the same way, but used the dimensions (16 in stagger, etc) and made our own jig out of angle aluminum.
Ron and I drew the dimensions on the table and started measuring aluminum.
Here is the general layout.
The jig is designed to be disassembles after we are done. That way I can ship it to future Jenny restorers without much trouble.
Here is the jig in place.
The wing attach points are here. There are fittings on both sides of the jig. One set for the right side. One set for the left side. One jig. Two uses.
Now that the jig was completed, the cross wires were built with some 5/32 in. 1x 19 non-flexible cable.
One of many...
The cross wires in place.
Here is where they attach on the fuselage. Sorry for the blurry picture.
We made the rear center section-to-fuselage wires too.
These two wires attach on the lower longeron behind the rear seat and run through the cockpit.
Here is another shot.
A good couple of days work. Enjoy!