Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Radiator, pump and control horns

Before I left on my last trip, I finished brazing the other side of the radiator. Here's a picture right after brazing.



Cleaned up a bit...



Now you can see how the original OX-5 radiator would hit the Hisso cylinder banks.



I also found two NOS Titan CH5495 fuel pumps still in their original wax papered box! They are in remarkable shape and should fit perfectly in the Hisso after we make the adapter gear.



In order to save time, I asked John Gaertner to make a set of aileron control horns for me. Here they are.



My friend Steve Beaver sent me these pictures from the Curtiss Museum in Hammandsport, NY. Steve had just dropped off his daughter at college in Ithica, NY and since he was so close, he just had to stop by the museum. I heard this was a great museum, but I have not had the opportunity to go there. Someday....





Check out the old map in the map case.



Remember the last post - I asked all the Jenny model builders out there to answer Rolland's question about the best Jenny RC kit? Well, several people were kind enough to answer and the majority recommended the Proctor kit. I passed this information along to Roland who was most appreciative.

A special thanks to : Anthony Hixon, David Paule, Mike Diamiani, Anthony Dilluvio, Cliff Hartley and Milt Clary for replying to my request.

Lastly, several of you have e-mailed asking for big pictures of the Jenny rather than my detail shots. This Saturday, a reporter from Autopilot Magazine is coming to do a feature story on the project. I plan on pulling the fuselage out of the shop and photographing it outside.

More soon

Brian

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home