Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Station 3 cross brace

Everything was masked for paint today.



And sprayed gloss black.



And the other side too.



The firewall was reinstalled for final fitting and trimming.



Also sanded the remaining four wing struts in preparation for the application of the copper. Not a bad day!

I asked Ben Douglas of Doveworks Foundry to make another set of Jenny castings for Phil Mintari's friend. The castings were very well done and I was pleased with the results. I would highly recommend Ben's work.



More soon

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home