We started the night by drilling the axle cups.
And putting the bungee straps in place. Here are the top ones.
And the bottom one.
Then we made all the furring strips on the right side of the aeroplane and most of the ones on the left.
Brian spent a lot of time on the router cutting out the notches in the furring strips. When he was finished, each strip was drilled and countersunk for some #8 brass screws.
At each wing attach fitting, the fabric is attached to a piano wire wire loop. The ends of the loop is made by winding wire around a pin.
Then one end of the wire is cut off and bent to parallel the other side.
The ends are joined together and will be soldered at a later date.
Here is loop in place. Actually, I'm going to flip this loop around and use it on the other side. I want the inside of the wire to be smooth. The wrap "bump" or where the little end is cut off and wrapped needs to be the outside and hidden by the fabric.