Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Paint, Varnish and Copper...not necessairily in that order!

Blue skies prevailed in Georgia today, so I thought it was time to paint the new pieces. Out came the paint tree...



And the parts were painted black.



Close up.



While that was drying, I took an hour and really cleaned the shop. You know, when the tools are flying, wood is cut and metal bent, the shop tends to get into disarray. I couldn't stand it any longer so swept off the tools, rearranged the tool box and swept the floor. I even cleaned out the bead blast cabinet!

Anyway, after cleaning for a while, I decided to put some copper on the ends of the booster mag brace and the cabane struts. Here's a picture of the right rear strut upper fitting.



I also mixed a little varnish and gave a second coat to the booster mag brace (left) and the first coat to the wobble pump housing.



Not a bad day indeed. More soon.

Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home