Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wing struts

I got a bunch of non airworthy Jenny struts not too long ago. Some of them have termite holes, most have trailing edge dings. They were hung in the shop doing nothing so I thought, "Hey wouldn't they look neat cleaned up?"

So I removed the old varnish and gave them a new coat. I left the scratches, oil stains and dents where they were. Some of the struts still had the Curtiss numbers on them.



Most of them have the original Curtiss drawing numbers stamped in the wood too.



Since I have a bunch of them, I was going to put them up for sale on barnstormers or e-bay, but I thought I'd let the readers of this blog have first shot at them. I figured anyone who reads this blog has at least a cursory interest in Jennies and would cherish a piece of the original airplane. If anyone wants one, make me an offer and I'll throw one in a box and ship it to you.

Email me at briankarli@bellsouth.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home