Brian Eberle got started sanding the turtledeck. Once this was finished, he applied the first coat of varnish.
Glen Marsh and I decided to work on the control sticks. The castings are attached to the torque tube with two steel rivets. The holes were drilled using the drill press.
Like this. We used a piece of 1 1/8 in tubing (same size as the torque tube) to help with the alignment and drilling.
Here you can see how the rivets cross through the tube. Later, they will be heated and bucked.
The assembly was then placed on the torque tube, measured and drilled.
Sometimes, you have to be a contortionist to get the proper alignment.
Here's the rear stick in place.
And the front stick. The small tube is temporary in nature and helped with the alignment.
More soon. Enjoy!