Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Control Stick sockets

John Gaertner sent me these pictures of the stick socket castings being machined at his shop.



First, he milled the face flat



And drilled the hole for the tapered pin clasp. This will be threaded eventually.






He also milled the top end square.





The side "ears" also needed to be milled square.



I'll post more pictures as the machining process continues.

My friend and fellow Bucker Jungmann owner John LaBarre sent me pictures of his new reproduction Sidcot suit.



John got the reproduction suit from Blue Swallow Aircraft. www.blueswallowaircraft.com



More soon. Enjoy
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home