Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A real Barnstormer story

One of the neat things about this builders blog is that I get to meet a lot of interesting people and they all seem to have one thing in common - the Curtiss Jenny. Sometimes it's model builders, sometimes it's people wanting to build their own Jenny, and in this case I met Steve Holder, of Kettering OH.

Steve wrote and asked me this question:
I`m hoping you can help me. Do you know how I can find out who is the oldest living airplane passenger ?
My 85 year old mother took her first airplane flight in 1925 when she was just 2 weeks old. My grandfather, Jim Trich was a licensed pilot and flew a
Curtiss Jenny at the time. I`ve trying to do some research to find out if there is anyone living who took a airplane ride prior to 1925.
Any info you can pass along would be appreciated. Thanks,


I never really thought about it. Logically, I think Steve's mother may be the oldest living passenger. Can anyone out there help him out?

I asked Steve to send some information about his grandfather and he sent me some pictures and a really interesting article. Enough pictures of me wrapping wires - here's a first hand account from a real "barnstormer".







Check out the colorized picture of Jim Trich in front of an Alexander Eaglerock biplane.







I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did.

Wonder where that Jenny is today? Hmmm....

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home