Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Friday, January 15, 2010

Landing gear wire

One step forward, one step backwards, one step forward.....

OK, I admit it. I had to remake the rear landing gear wires. When I looked at the gear the other day, it finally hit me. I put the lower fitting (where the cross brace wire attaches) on the back bolt, not the front bolt! Consequently, the beautiful wrapped and soldered wires I made were too short.

So, I spent the afternoon today making new wires. Oh, well....



See, now the fitting is in the proper location. Geometrically, the loads will pull closer to the peach basket rather than further up the gear leg.



Now I feel better about hanging the engine with the fuselage sitting on the gear. Hope to post more soon.

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home