Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Turtledeck

Decided to tackle the turtledeck today. I didn't pre-cut the grooves in the bulkheads because I wanted to make sure the stringers were nice and straight. I did cut the grooves in the first bulkhead and the second to last bulkhead. Connecting the two gave me natural straight lines.



Once the stringers were in place, I marked their location on the bulkheads.



Putting a dado blade in the table saw, and setting it to 1/4 in., the grooves were cut. The cuts were 1/4 in. deep which when the stringers were inserted left 1/4 in. sticking out.



Then the bulkheads were reinserted and the stringers put into the grooves.



Nice and straight.



Enjoy
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home