Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Monday, December 21, 2009

Fuel valve

I went to MSC and picked up the valve that fits the sump in the fuel tank.

* For you future Jenny builders, I'll save you some searching - it's a Brass Right Angle Valve 1/2 in. MSC P/N 04479499

You'll also need a brass threaded piece of pipe to fit into the tank.



Anyway, in order to attach the fuel shutoff rod to the valve, an adapter must be made. First, bens some sheet steel around a tube using heat.



The valve had an oblongated hole, so I used the original piece as a pattern.



You also need a start/stop tab which will be bent 90 degrees.



And the other end bent to accept the rod. Here's the valve in place.



Before the day was finished, I laminated the turtledeck side stringers. I don't think I have any more clamps!



More soon,
enjoy
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home