Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

My parents were here from Pennsylvania all this week so I didn't work on the Jenny too much. Kids got spoiled and we did a lot of fun things for the Thanksgiving holiday.

I did pick up a Type C tachometer for the Jenny today. It was purchased at an estate sale in north Georgia many years ago by Mr. Van Thurston.



Several days ago, Michael Brennan wrote me this e-mail:

I send this note with much gratitude.

The Lemoyne Gallery, here in Tallahasse, produces an annual Christmas show and they usually come to me with requests for various props. In January, they asked me to build a vintage mail plane for this year's show.



Thanks to your wonderful blog I was able to gather plenty of information. I did have to reduce the span to 30 feet. It is a big hit parked in front of the gallery. There is something about an airplane out of place that gets plenty of attention. I added an additional step to make getting in and out easier; there is always someone having their picture taken in it.



Vintage airplane do not have to fly to be sensational. Also, they build much faster when they do not have to fly and the material comes from Lowes. Oh, and the instruments are drink coasters.







Mostly though, thanks for your wonderful journalism and photography. Your blog is a part of my daily life.

Best Regards, Michael Brennan

I really appreciate the kind words, Michael. When I was a kid, if a local shopping mall had your Jenny on display and we were allowed to have our picture taken in it, I doubt I would have gotten out of the seat. Other children would never have gotten their turn!

Hope to post more progress pictures later this week. I want to finish building the turtledeck.

Enjoy

Brian


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home