Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Landing Gear Wires

Well, all the wires for the landing gear have been soldered. After soldering, I soaked the turnbuckle ends in the lye / water mixture to give them their original silver color.



Here you can see the wires in place.



And a close up of the front wire.



John Gaertner sent me pictures of the first Sidcot suit he had made. He hopes to be able to get these suits into production by late October or early November, so if anyone wants one, let me know and I'll get you in touch with John.


The collar is 100% pure lambs wool and the zippers are custom ordered nickel plated with locking tongues.


Enjoy
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home