Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gear Leg wraps

Started wrapping the gear legs today - same method as the longerons - wrap with cord and seal with shelac.



I was not able to find any wrapping dimentions in my pile of drawings, so I called Paul Daugherty and he measured his Jenny for me. Here is a diagram so future Jenny builders will not be in the same predicament. The numbers on the left represent the gap between wraps. The numbers on the wraps are the wrap thicknesses. I'll make the same diagram for the rear gear leg when I finish wrapping it soon.



My father was here for a visit this week. He and my wife inspected my work.



Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home