Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Gear goes together & firewall fabrication

"Where did the wheels go?" Brighton asked.
"I have to put them back on."
"Can I help?"



With Brighton's help, we got the gear back on the aeroplane today.



Here is a picture of the finished peach basket.



The bracing wires needed to be soldered yet, so I worked on them until the rest of the kids got off the school bus. Then it was homework time, dinner time and off to their baseball practice.


Also, I had time to cut out the galvanized steel firewall.





There are a couple of bends in it.


With a little trimming, I think it will fit just fine.



Also put a coat of varnish on the back side of the fuel tank slats.



Enjoy
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home