Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Varnished gear struts

All the landing gear wooden parts got sanded and given a final varnish coat today. I was pleased with the results. The dozen wooden pieces next to the varnish jar are the slats for the fuel tank cradle. Since I was varnishing anyway, I decided to give them their first coat.



The langing gear struts drying in the Georgia sun.



A closer look at a front strut.



While that was drying, I drilled the fuel tank cradle straps.



Here's my pile of "parts to be painted". This should be Thursday's project.



Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home