Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Gear legs with copper

Sanding...sanding...sanding. The gear legs and airfoil were sanded with 220 grit today.



After they were sanded, the first copper end was installed. I found it easier to make paper patterns first and trace them on the copper before cutting it out.



Here's the finished end. It's the top of the front gear leg.



Sorry I have nothing exciting to report, but sanding isn't exciting and I did a bunch of it today!

Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home