Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Monday, July 27, 2009

Landing Gear wires

Made the four wires that brace the Landing Gear today. Nothing special - just takes time. Here's the left rear one:



And the right front and back wires.



Here you can see all the wires.



My friend John Gaertner sent me this neat photo, sent to him by his friend Mark. There was a caption with it that said:

SAFEST WAY HOME - Arthur Chester, stunt flyer, injured in automobile after exhibition in South Bend, IND., refused to risk riding on ground on trip back home to Chicago. His good leg was strapped to foot controls and off he went.

Sept. 20th 1925

H.C. Elmore - News Times - South Bend Ind.



Now, I agree with that!

Guess everyone is enjoying Oshkosh this week. I was contemplating - may be Oshkosh 2010, or probably 2011 - We should have a Jenny gathering like they did back in 1991. What do you think? I'm in....

Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home