It's been a week since I had time to work on the Jenny, but I was away at training (for work) and by the time I got home, a week had gone by.
So, back to the landing gear airfoil. John Kuck offered to help again and we set up the table saw to cut the excess spruce from the four airfoil pieces.
Here you can see one of the pieces after a few cuts. The excess will be sanded away with the belt sander. All four pieces were cut this way.
For strength, the grain of the top piece runs front to back (the four airfoil pieces run left to right). So, I cut my 5/16 in. board into several pieces.
Here you can see the general layout. The airfoil is taking shape.
We decided to glue the front / bottom airfoil piece to the boards. Glue was applied to the surfaces...
...and everything was clamped to the together.
While that was drying, a milestone was met. The holes for the landing gear were drilled to size and temporary bolts were installed. Same for the fittings at the top of the gear legs.
Also, the airfoil brackets were made on a simple bending jig. These will be welded to the inside of the peach baskets.