Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Back from Vacation

The family and I just returned from a wonderful vacation to our native Central Pennsylvania. We had a great time and the weather was perfect. Besides watching the kids get spoiled by the grandparents, I had an opportunity to visit the Golden Age Air Museum in Bethel, PA. Their Jenny is close to making its first flight and I took lots of pictures.



While I was there, Paul Dougherty and his father attached the horse hair filled cockpit coaming....



....and Mike Damiami worked on getting the OX-5 ready to run. Mike works Technical Support for Lycoming Aircraft Engines during the week and on the weekends, he lends his expertise to the museum. He is a valuable source of information. I know. I've called his number before when the Lycoming in my Bucker was giving me fits.



Before I left, I picked up some original sheet metal from a Jenny rear cockpit. I don't know how I got it to fit it into the van filled with luggage, DVD players, coloring books, baseball gloves, four kids, one wife, a dog and a cooler full of beverages, but I did and the cockpit sheet metal made it to Georgia safely.



Of course I had to put it on the airplane...just to see if it fit!



Gotta fly tomorow, but I expect work to resume on the Jenny Friday. Till then

Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home