Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Left Peach Basket

As of today, the front and rear supports have been welded on the left peach basket !

Here's the rear support after following the bending sequence from the last blog.



Add some heat and pull down with a pair of pliers.



Trim, weld....the finished product! Actually, I blasted the peach basket and gave it a coat of primer to keep it from rusting. The lightening holes need to be drilled yet as do the bolt holes.



Also made the patterns for the tabs that hold the landing gear brace wires.


Here's the first one. It's pretty thick stuff. I used .250 steel. My bandsaw (with the new blade thank goodness) zapped through it without any problems. The rest was shaped on the grinder.


Enjoy
Brian

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Brennan said...

I miss the updates; this is the most wonderful journalism on the web.

I hope everything is ok.

Best Regards, Mike B.

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home