Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Peach Baskets

I know I have not posted anything for a long time, but I was away for the past 8 days (Europe trip - work) and I just got home Tuesday night. Since I hadn't done my usual number of posts, several people e-mailed and asked if I was OK! I appreciate the concern for my well being.

Anyway - I'm back and work continues. Spent several hours today welding up the second peach basket .



Here's a good look at the inside ring. The weld has to be ground smooth yet.



Here you can see the two support pieces holding the peach baskets together.


Other than grinding and sand blasting, the basic peach basket structure is complete. The side pieces will be made next and the holes drilled.
Enjoy! Good to be home.
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home