Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Monday, May 11, 2009

Left Peach Basket

Worked on the left peach basket today. First thing I did was heat the front flange, bend it and weld it shut.




Then the 7/16 in wide steel strip were cut from the 1/16 in sheet and bent around a 1 1/2 in. tube. Everything was tacked in place before welding.



Here's the welded flange. Next step is to grind the welds smooth.



Enjoy
Brian

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Brennan said...

Greetings, I am looking forward to your next post; I hope everything is ok with you.

Mike B.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Brian Karli said...

Hi Michael,

Yes, everything is OK with me. I appreciate your concern!

I am fortunate enough to fly a Gulfstream V for a living and I just got back from an 8 day trip to France. The trip was great, but 8 days is a long time to be away from the wife and kids....and the Jenny too.

Thanks again for thinking about me. Feel free to e-mail anytime briankarli@bellsouth.net.

Cheers

Brian

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home