Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Friday, February 06, 2009

Pulley Housing

Had a few hours to work this afternoon, so I got a lot of misclaneous things done - sanded all the recently varnished parts from the last blog, remade a cross wire that I didn't like the first time, and decided to make a new pulley for the aileron cable circiut.



I had one original part, so I transfered the pattern to some MDF.



Cut them out on the bandsaw


And worked the metal around the curve. This is just .032 sheet steel, so it was pretty workable.


After much trimming and fitting, the spine was welded and ground smooth.


More later.
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home