Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fuselage going back together

The last parts were sprayed black today.



While the parts were drying, I took four original Jenny parts and stripped the old varnish away. I haven't determined exactly where they go yet, but I think they are parts for the seat support. Either way, they turned out usable and it will be neat to install them on the airplane.



Here they are cleaned up and ready for varnish.





I started putting the fuselage back together! This is a standard universal fitting just to show you how it looks now that everything is painted and varnished.




The upper fuselage is going back together first. Hope to have more done tomorow.



Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home