Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Fittings painted

We've had some really nice flying weather lately and I took the opportunity to put some black PPG urethane on most of the fittings.



Here are a bunch of universal fittings drying on the rack.



I still have a few more to go, but the bulk of them were finished today. One or two have to be repainted where I missed a spot, but it's nice to see black on the fittings. Soon, reassembly can begin.



Since the weather was so nice, I took a long weekend and went to the 2008 Bucker fly-in. My Bucker Jungmann is second on the left. We had nearly ten percent of the Bucker fleet in one location and it was a great event.



More soon

Brian

1 Comments:

Blogger pynkegirls said...

Brian-

Your description and photographs of the restoration is excellent. Check out http://www.delphic.com . I created a cutaway of the Jenny and would be happy to mail you one of my Jenny mugs. Just send me an e-mail w/ your address.


Bill

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home