Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Spider Plate

Good to be back at work on the Jenny after a long 8 day trip (work) to Europe. Didn't see any Jennies, but I did see lots of neat castles.

Over the last two days, I decided to tackle the Spider plate. The lower half of the plate was welded to the upper section. I welded both sides the entire length of the plate. Since I gas welded this, it took a bit of time.



Here's a closer shot. I have a few more rivets to shoot yet before the plate is finished. After that, the entire spider plate will be blasted and painted. This is the last major part I had to finish. Now, all the basic fuselage fittings are complete and the next step is to paint them all and reassemble the fuselage.



While I was away, Paul Daugherty sent me a progress picture of the Golden Age Air Museum Jenny. Very nice!



Also found this neat Jenny picture on the NASAM website. Thought you might like to enjoy it.



Till next time

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home