Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Engine bearer supports

Well, the Jenny is back at the shop now. It's been a busy couple of weeks - the kids are home from school (say family vacation time), the swimming pool is open, neighbor kids sleeping over.....and the wife wants the stone fireplace done before July 4th. Hence, the slow progress on the aeroplane!

I did cut the threads on the engine bearer supports. They will be drilled for the cotter keys next, and then then heat treated.



I used a 1/4 in. 28 thread die.



Here they are.



I did get a chance to set the Hisso in place and line up the radiator. But, I got so wrapped up in measuring the lower spider plate support, I forgot to take pictures of it!

Be patient - the fireplace is almost done.

Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home