Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Friday, May 09, 2008

Station 2 wires

Burned the midnight oil this evening and got a few more wires built. One more bay to go! Didn't do any soldering though. I'm saving that for later.



It is with sadness that I learned Denny Trone had been killed in the crash of his Dormoy Bathtub replica earlier this week. It's a sad loss for antique aviators everywhere. Denny, as you remember, sold me his spare Hisso engine for the Jenny. He was ever so patient whenever I called him with Hisso questions. Later I learned that everyone had that same experience. He was just that kind of guy. That's Denny in the middle, flanked by Ron on the left and me on the right (with my oldest boy Graham).


Denny helping load the engine.



He will be missed.

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home