Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Second Front Gear Fitting

And now there are two....! Made the second front gear fitting today.



Here are the two new fittings with the two original rear gear fittings.



The next step is to attach the doublers. The tab has to be bent yet before I weld everything together. I'll save this for the next shop day.



Till then, enjoy

Brian

3 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

My dad (Stan Fullmer) was an early barnstormer and stunt man in the Los Angeles area during the 20s. He owned a few and flew many jennys.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Brian Karli said...

Hi Ron,

That's neat to hear! I hope he took lots of pictures and told you lots of stories. I suspect LA in the 1920's and 1930's was a pretty exciting time.

Keep in touch

Brian

7:36 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I have what I think is an original Curtis Jenny propeller. But, I haven't been able to positively identify it. Would you email me at toyzmd@gmail.com? Maybe you could help me figure out for sure... Thanks, Mark M. Driver

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home