Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Hisso Propeller

Good news! The Hisso prop arrived safely from St. Croix Propellers. Pretty neat, eh?



Here's the story:

When old engine guru Denny Trone graciously decided to let me have his spare Hisso, I happened to notice several propellers displayed on his back wall. I was not thinking about props at the time, but one propeller in particular caught our attention. It had a beautiful scimictar shape - kinda "1920-ish". Not sweeping. Not straight. Sort of in between. So, I took several pictures of it and went on my merry way.


Several prop makers were later contacted with above picture. Chad Wille e-mailed me back and said "So you like the prop on Denny's wall..." Having made the propeller for Old Rhinebeck's Hisso powered Jenny, I found out that he was all tooled up and ready to carve another one.

I was pleased with the prop he made. On time and on budget. Of course the true test will come when we bolt it on and go flying, but that is a later worry for a later day.

See...isn't this better than pictures of the cables I made today?

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home