Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Monday, February 11, 2008

Spar carry-throughs

I wanted to finish the spar carry-throughs today so I could begin making the cables around Station 4 and 5. Since these pieces hold the lower wings in place, I was critical of their alignment. I used the original wing section to line things up. Remember - the end fittings screwed into threaded rod inside the big tube for strength. Then, the end fittings needed to be brazed in place.

This was todays job - braze the ends. Plus, the entire assembly was given a coat of temporary paint. Sorry I didn't take any exciting pictures. By the time I remembered the camera, the brazing was done and the paint drying.



I went to my home airport the other day to work on my Bucker Jungmann when I met a nice guy named Daryl Matthews. We chatted about the Jenny and some other flying topics and I wrote down his e-mail address. Well, yours truly lost the little slip of paper. So Daryl, when you read this, could you e-mail me at briankarli@bellsouth.net?

Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home