Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Saturday, February 23, 2008

More wires and other Jennies

Wires! Wires! Wires! I won't bore you with picture after picture of wrapped 1 by 19 cables, but that's what I've been doing lately. Sorry it's not more exciting. But, if you want to build a Jenny, you gotta like making wires and cables.

Some pictures of todays work: Four hours equals four cables!



Stop laughing, Paul. You remember!



Quite often, I hear from other people out there interested in Jennies. Some of them are modelers building scale Jennies. Some are building their own Jennies. Some just like Jennies. Either way, I'm glad they contact me.

Several months ago, I told you about a group of retired Minnesota craftsmen who build a static Jenny for the Minnesota Historical Museum in St.Paul. Well, they have an extra set of wings and they would like to sell them. Anyone interested, contact Ken Rovie 651 777 6653 and he'll tell you more about it.



I also heard from Scott Gregersen in Pocatello Idaho. He is building two steel tube Jenny replicas (see below) and plans on putting an automotive engine up front. His wings are built and covered and you can see he's well on his way with the fuselage. His plan is to fly the airplanes a bit and then offer them up for sale. Anyone interested in one, feel free to contact Scott 208 232 3891 or e-mail sctt_gregersen@yahoo.com



As for me - I'm gonna go back to building wires! I'll post more when I have a bunch of them done. Till then...

Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home