Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Friday, January 25, 2008

aft fuselage wires

I really like this tool. Lately, I've been using it a lot! Thirty two wires have been made in the past three days.



Here's a shot lining up the vertical pieces.



Each universal fitting gets a small brass screw to keep it in place.



Progress as of this afternoon. Looks pretty cool.



Close up of a universal fitting.



Busy weekend coming up. More later. Enjoy

Brian

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Hi Brian,

My Great Uncle, Ellie Walters, was a pioneer of aviation back in the 20's. He purchased a surplus Jenny for $600 and flew in circuses as a barnstormer / stunt pilot for many years. He was also friends with pioneers like Lihndberg, Earhart, and Roscoe Turner. Still, on Sundays he would fly the local kids around the patch for a nickel. He founded the airfield in the town where I recently obtained my pilot's license, and he also founded a couple other airports (including Myrtle Beach). Ellie was the first ATP in NC and the first Airmail pilot in NC. I have only one photo of his airplane, but I have a love for that bird like none other. Before I leave this earth, I sure would like to build / restore a Jenny. I'd love to come have a look at your project if you wouldn't mind a visitor sometime before you get too far along (i could bring some photos and some old stories). Project looks great so far! Btw, I saw a 1938 Cessna Airmaster fly today (only 1 of about 8 still flying) and I talked to the owner and the man who built the plane. Ironically, one of the other 8 remaining is hangered at the same field and the builder restored it as well. Great Stuff! Thanks for the blog & the photos! You can reach me at miketax05-at-yahoo

-Mike Walters

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian, I've helped several folks on their aircraft projects in between my funny car chassis business. I'd like to obtain an original set , or copy of Jenny drawings. Any help there? I'd appreciate it. Thank you. Jack "The Rev" jslawik@comcast.net

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home