Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hisso Exhaust

Here's another example of nice people out there - As you remember, I acquired what I thought was a "Hisso Jenny" exhaust system. Well, it turned out to be a SPAD 7 exhaust system! Talk about a rare find.

Anyway, the exhaust was nearly seven foot long and I could not in my right mind cut it to fit the Jenny. I knew there was someone out there who needed that exhaust.

I contacted Pete Hayes who was building a SPAD and he got me in touch with SPAD guru Bill Reitzlaff. Bill is building several SPADs and his work is top notch. We arranged a swap - he knew where there was a Hisso Jenny exhaust.

True to his word, the exhaust wound up on my doorstep.



Luckily, I had a bunch of extra wood from the wife's latest house project idea, so yesterday I built the box to send Bill his exhaust.



It's comforting to meet all these nice people. Bill's SPAD blog is neat to view. You'll see his expert work. Check it out:

http://aero-craft.org/testJoomla/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=30&func=showcat&catid=62

Till next time

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home