Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Front Fuselage

Saturday, I had a chance to attach the lower longeron to the front three stations. I decided to start here and work towards the tail. Hopefully next shop day, I'll start building the cables for this area.



The drill jig really made life easier, although I still measured a hundred times before actually pulling the trigger on the drill.



Unfortunately, I was saddened to learn that my aviation mentor Bill Schadler passed away on Friday. Many years ago, he took a starry eyed, aviation crazed ten year old under his wing and gave me the world. He taught me how to fly in an Aeronca Champ. I learned how to rib stitch, shoot a rivet gun and change Lycoming cylinders before I was old enough to drive. He taught me lessons in life that I still use today.



He was my mentor. He was my hero. He was my friend. I will miss him.

Brian

1 Comments:

Anonymous Em said...

Brian,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Bill was an amazing man, and will be missed greatly.

Emilie

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home